Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
• 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends snapped off
• 4 free range eggs
• 2 teaspoons vinegar
• 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
• Lay asparagus in a large dish. Cover with freshly boiled water from the jug. Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain and cover to keep warm.
• Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Use a spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Gently pour the egg into the centre of the whirlpool. Cook for 4 minutes for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs.
• Divide the asparagus among serving plates. Top with an egg. Top with Parmesan to serve.
THE GOOD STUFF…
Eggs are a great source of vitamin D which studies suggest is important in fighting depression. They also give us mood-boosting vitamin B.
Asparagus is a source of tryptophan, which increases levels of serotonin in the brain that helps alleviate depression and anxiety.
Parmesan cheese is an excellent source of calcium, and also contains small amounts of vitamin D.