I’ve learnt through my volunteering that being grateful is such a powerful way of maintaining even a snippet of hope in otherwise seemingly hopeless situations.
Even in the worst of times, I find that if I can think of just one thing I’m grateful for, no matter how small, it gives my mood a boost. Regardless of our circumstances, if we can learn to be grateful for what we do have instead of yearning for what we don’t, we have a much better chance at feeling content in life.
So I’m going to start off with a list of 20 things I’m grateful for tonight. I’m not setting a precedent with that figure, but I thought I’d start off with a bang!
Today I’m grateful for (in no particular order):
- Our heater.
- Our bbq (cooking meat inside sets off the smoke alarm).
- Thick, soft bath towels.
- My parents.
- My brother.
- Watching a movie with Jessie this afternoon.
- Our furry family members.
- My comfortable bed.
- The sunshine.
- My car being on the road again.
- My friends who know me and love me.
- Having open communication with Jessie.
- Friends who love Jessie.
- Hot water.
- Good memories.
- Lessons I’ve learnt in life.
- Toilet paper!!!
What makes you grateful?