A lovely surprise and a huge thank you to Kate from The Colour of Madness for nominating me for this Mystery Blogger award!! Kate is an amazing mother and writer who blogs about living with bipolar and mental illness. She’s a woman I admire greatly, whose courage in writing honestly and openly allows her readers to be inspired in sharing their own experiences. Her writing style alongside her sense of humour keeps me emotionally engaged and I encourage you to head over and check out her wonderful blog.
What is Mystery Blogger Award?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
- Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
3 Things About Me:
- I love digging in the soil and growing my own food. Living in a unit, I only have pots now, but still grow what I can. At the moment I have various types of basil, mint, chocolate mint, lemon balm, watercress, lemongrass, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives, garlic chives, leeks, parsley, coriander, various capsicums, chilli, cherry tomatoes, cape gooseberries, lebanese cucumbers, cauliflower, red and white strawberries, blood orange tree and an imperial mandarin tree.
- I’m a fully qualified, highly professional procrastinator.
- I own 84 cookbooks – many of which I’ve never used, but I know I’ll buy more.
Kate’s Questions For Me:
What is your favourite type of self-care?
I’m loving Tai Chi and have been going twice a week for a couple of months now. It relaxes my mind, body and soul.
Do you own pets? And if so, how do they affect your mental health?
We have two cats who are our furry family members. They are both so different but both are beneficial to our mental health in their own ways. Meisha is our eldest and she always hangs around with me, and snuggles into me at night. Ji is a year younger and he and Jessie have a special bond. She’s not an affectionate person, but she loves cuddling the cats. I think having animals who love us is very soothing when we’re struggling with our own thoughts. They also provide entertainment and a different focus, often making us laugh.
If you had $5,000,000 to spend on something other than for your own personal gain, what would you spend it on?
What a great question! Firstly I would make my brother and parents debt free, and set my daughter up financially. The rest I’d donate to medical research and charity. There are so many deserving and needy causes to support, it’s hard to choose. Cancer research, research into MND and ReachOut Nepal are three I’d donate to. I’d also love to pump some money into mental health resources for individuals and families. The Benevolent Society has been life changing for us, so they’d get a share. I could spend that money so quickly!
Are you a grudge holder or a forgiver?
Damn it, this is where I must admit one of my shortcomings! I’m a grudge holder more so than a forgiver with most people.
What is your favourite social media platform and why?
Facebook is one, mainly because it keeps me in touch with friends and family who don’t live close, or who I don’t see often. I also use it to promote my website and connect with other mental health advocates. I also love Instagram because it allows me to express myself visually.
My Nominees Are:
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- Do you have any irrational fears? If so, what is your biggest?
- What is your least favourite smell?
- Would you rather be the sun or the moon and why?
- What skill do you have that’s most beneficial to you, either personally or professionally?